• UPDATE: Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - Code Blue – Schools are closed. Central and Regional Offices will open two hours late. All 12-month personnel are expected to report. A Liberal Leave policy will be in effect for non-emergency personnel. Evening High School Classes and Spring Registration are also cancelled for tonight.

    Miércoles, 17 de enero de 2018 - Código Azul – Todas las escuelas permanecen cerradas. Las Oficinas Centrales abrirán con dos horas de retraso.

  • How to request a student transfer

    How to Submit a Transfer Request

    Parents/guardians who would like to transfer their child from their neighborhood school to another PGCPS school may submit a transfer request during the open student transfer season. The student transfer season has closed, it will reopen in the Spring of 2018. Transfer requests may be submitted outside of the transfer season only for the following reasons: 

    •  Families that move into Prince George's County after the transfer season ended 

    •  The student has a health issue or other documented, compelling reason for changing schools must be verified by PGCPS, Attending physician or health professional

    •  The family is moving to a new neighborhood and the student would like to remain in their current school until the program or school year ends 

    What You Need to Know

    •  Current parents/guardian must submit transfer requests through the  SchoolMax Family Portal

    •  Transfer requests to schools with enrollment that exceeds state-rated capacity will not be considered. To view a list of schools that are open for transfer requests, click on the link below

    •  Bus transportation is not provided for transfer students 

     How to Submit a Transfer Request – Currently Enrolled Students 

    1.  Set up a SchoolMax Parent Portal user account

    2.  Your student must continue to attend the current school until you receive official notification that your transfer request has been approved 

     How to Submit a Transfer Request – New Students ONLY 

    1.  Complete the enrollment process at your neighborhood school to get a family ID number

    2.  Complete a Student Transfer Request Form  (en español) 

    3.  Submit the form to the Office of Student Records, Transfers, and Archival Services 

    4.  Your student must attend their neighborhood school until you receive official notification that your transfer request has been approved 

     Frequently Asked Questions  

          Click here to view frequently asked questions about student transfers.