Report Bullying Now!
Join PGCPS in Our Effort to Stop Bullying!
Bullying, harassment and intimidation have no place in Prince George’s County Public Schools. Whether it happens in the hallways or online, such behavior can create hostile learning environments that interfere with students’ academic performance, and emotional and physical well-being. Harassment is motivated by real or perceived characteristics, such as race/ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, or socioeconomic status. Bullying behavior is threatening, intimidating and occurs repeatedly over time with the intent to cause harm.
What Is Bullying?
Bullying is unwanted behavior that involves a real or perceived power imbalance. The behavior is repeated over time with the intent to cause harm. Bullying behavior may include: making threats, spreading rumors, attacking someone physically or verbally, and deliberately excluding someone from a group.
How Do I Learn More?
1) Check out our resources below:
• Bullying FAQs for Parents
• PGCPS Admin. Procedure 5143 – Bullying, Harassment or Intimidation
• Bullying, Harassment or Intimidation Reporting Form (en Espanol)
• VIDEO: PGCPS Anti-Bullying Public Service Announcement
• VIDEO: Thomas Johnson MS Anti-Bullying Public Service Announcement
Bullying, Harassment, Intimidation Investigation Form (for school staff)
2) Visit the U.S. Department of Education’s anti-bullying website:
• USDE Anti-Bullying Website
What Can I Do?
1) Share the message that bullying is wrong and will not be tolerated.
2) Learn more. Check out our resource page!
3) Join a national campaign, such as:
• Think B4 You Speak – A national campaign to end the use of homophobic remarks.