Director of Internal Audit
Director of Internal Audit shall provide confidentiality over hotline documents in order to maintain the integrity of the hotline program.
The hotline number is answered by the hotline vendor. The interviewer should explain the process:
- Information provided is confidential.
- Assign a number (sequentially) to each caller and provide that number to him/her.
- Ask caller to call back within 10 business days in case Auditor needs additional information after the preliminary investigation.
PGCPS Investigator Responsibility
- Record the call on the hotline log database
- Discuss hotline information received with Director of Internal Audit
- Perform investigation, if warranted
- Contact the Board Chair and Superintendent if urgent action is required
- Provide periodic reports to BOE
- Issue letter or report once investigation is finalized
- Follow-up on completion of any required remedial actions
- File, sequentially, investigation documentation in a locked file drawer in the file room