October 17-21, 2016
"Bully Free Zone"
"National School Bus Safety Week is an active and evolving public
education program and an excellent way for parents, students, teachers,
motorists, law enforcement, school bus operators, school administrators,
and all interested parties - to join forces and address the importance
of school bus safety. Designed to promote school bus safety, school
districts throughout the country observe National School Bus Safety Week
Activities in Honor of National School Bus Safety Week
- Dispatchers will announce safety alerts via bus radio.
- Schools are invited to get involved by displaying school bus posters in honor of School Bus Safety Week and to show appreciation to drivers and assistants.
- Security officers will conduct random checks on buses to ensure students, bus drivers and attendants are safe.
- School Bus safety inspection plans involving drivers and mechanics will be finalized and begin the following week.
- Cakes will be delivered to each bus lot in celebration of the week.
Tips for Students Walking to or from School and Bus Stops
NHTSA (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration) has provided several key safety tips to help students and parents stay safe when walking or riding a bicycle to school. Click here for more information
If you would like to participate in 2017 National School Bus Safety Week poster contest, click here for more information